Flower Mound, TX – (2/13/15) — Just three months after unveiling its Broadcast Dubs, FUNimation is expanding this initiative to include ten new shows for the Winter 2015 season, as well as a brand-new live stream talk show in partnership with ScrewAttack Entertainment.
Fans are taking notice as FUNimation drives the North American anime industry into the future with the new Broadcast Dubs and a new live stream project. “The overwhelmingly positive response to Broadcast Dubs and the performance of the first two series—PSYCHO-PASS 2 and Laughing Under the Clouds—made it clear that we’re on the right path. We realize that this is where the future is headed,” commented FUNimation’s founder and CEO, Gen Fukunaga.
“We’ve listened closely to our fans and have made changes in both our content offering and technical streaming experience. Broadcast Dubs, combined with our Sub Pass, tent pole titles, industry leading library, and technical improvements, have really accelerated subscription streaming growth. We’re committed to giving our fans more anime and more ways to watch.” said Mike DuBoise, EVP & Chief Operating Officer.
On Wednesday, February 18 at 8 p.m. Eastern / 7 p.m. Central, FUNimation will premiere its new two-hour primetime block of anime content, featuring the three hottest Broadcast Dub shows of the season and a new live discussion and recap show, DubbleTalk.
FUNimation’s best-known fan staffers, Justin Rojas and Lauren Moore, will join ScrewAttack’s Chad James and fans for episode recaps, fan questions and answers, special guest appearances, contests, and much more every Wednesday night on Funimation.com and on Twitch.tv.
“We really want to provide an outlet for our fans to come and talk with us about the shows they’re watching right now,” Justin Rojas explained.
The schedule for the Wednesday night block is as follows:
– 8:00 p.m. ET Assassination Classroom (Click here to watch!)
– 8:30 p.m. ET Death Parade (Click here to watch!)
– 9:00 p.m. ET Tokyo Ghoul √A (Click here to watch!)
– 9:30 p.m. ET DubbleTalk (Click here to watch!)
Click here for show information!
While the Broadcast Dub launches on FUNimation.com are for All-AccessPass subscribers only, DubbleTalk will stream live on http //funimation.com/dubbletalk and https://twitch.tv/screwattack, and is available to all viewers.
Additionally, the following series will be getting the Broadcast Dub treatment this season:
– The Rolling Girls – Saturdays at 12:58 p.m. ET starting February 21, 2015
– World Break: Aria of Curse for a Holy Swordsman – Sundays at 11:05 a.m. ET starting February 22, 2015
– Kamisama Kiss Season 2 – Mondays at 1:35 p.m. ET starting February 23, 2015
– Absolute Duo – Mondays at 2 p.m. ET starting March 16, 2015
– Yurikuma Arashi – Mondays at 2:30 p.m. ET starting March 16, 2015
– Yona of the Dawn Season 2 – Tuesdays at 11 a.m. ET starting March 17, 2015
– Maria the Virgin Witch – Sundays at 10:30 a.m. ET starting March 22, 2015
For fans new to FUNimation Broadcast Dubs, select series are dubbed in English using the broadcast/simulcast materials from Japan just weeks after broadcast. This allows dub fans to experience the shows as soon as possible. They are available exclusively for FUNimation All-AccessPass subscribers, commercial-free and streaming in 1080 HD.
Following the release of the Broadcast Dub, FUNimation will continue to produce a final English dub for the Blu-ray/DVD release, using materials from Japan’s DVD/Blu-ray release. This final version can be different from the broadcast version, including uncut footage not seen in the broadcast.
Not a FUNimation All-AccessPass subscriber yet? Sign up today so that you don’t miss the event this Wednesday! You’ll get access to the FUNimation Broadcast Dubs, live stream event, plus:
– The hottest new & returning simulcasts every season
– The largest selection of English dubs online
– HD commercial-free streaming episodes
– Video content across your computer, mobile devices, PS3, Roku, or Xbox 360
Click here for more information!