Partnerships Include both “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Z” Anime Series
LOS ANGELES, CA – May 16, 2017. Toei Animation Inc. and Funimation® Entertainment announced new and renewed license agreements for the Dragon Ball franchise. These agreements with multiple partners in a variety of merchandise categories encompass both the “Dragon Ball Super” and “Dragon Ball Z” anime series. Dragon Ball is an iconic global brand and has been a pop culture favorite in North America for more than 20 years. “Dragon Ball Super,” the first new storyline from original creator Akira Toriyama in more than 18 years, began airing on January 7, 2017 on North American cable television and garnered more than 1 million viewers for its premiere episode.
This latest round of Dragon Ball licensing agreements follows an earlier series of apparel agreements with Bioworld, Great Eastern Entertainment and JCorp announced by Toei Animation and Funimation at The Collective at Magic in February 2017. Licensed merchandise included in today’s announcement will be available in a variety of retailers across the U.S. and Canada.
Toei Animation and Funimation are actively seeking additional licensing partners including, mass market distributors, for “Dragon Ball Super” themed merchandise in several categories including bags, headwear and bedding and underwear.
New licensing agreements include:
- Bandai: Leading manufacturer and master toy licensee for the Dragon Ball franchise will release a new line of “Dragon Ball Super” toys starting in Fall 2017. Hi-res images available here.
- Calendar Holdings: The leading supplier of calendars, with a collection of more than 6,000 calendars, will produce a new series of themed calendars based on “Dragon Ball Super.”
- DigitalSoaps: The geek themed soap company with create a series of highly detailed soaps based on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Everything Legwear: The well-known merchandiser of licensed hosiery in the pop culture space will produce a new themed collection of socks based on “Dragon Ball Super.”
- FUN.com: A top supplier of Halloween costumes will continue producing its collection costumes, wigs, masks and accessories based on characters from “Dragon Ball” and “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Funko: Producer of the globally popular Pop! Vinyl line of collectibles will create a new collection of characters from the Dragon Ball franchise.
- Great Eastern Entertainment: The leading manufacturer of licensed anime and entertainment merchandise will create a new collection of accessories based on “Dragon Ball Super.”
- IDW Publishing: One of the top publishers of comic books and graphic novels will create a new collection of themed non-collectible board, tile-laying games as well as dice games based on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Just Toys International: The global toy company specializing in licensed toys and gifts will create new collections of themed plush clips, plush figures and mini posters based on “Dragon Ball Super” as well as themed plush clips and plush figures based on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Rabbit Tanaka: A major manufacturer of innovative licensed products will continue producing themed wall décor, lighting, clocks, dartboards, pool cue sticks and rotational molded banks based on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Surreal Entertainment: The leading manufacturer of fan-driven licensed merchandise will continue producing themed home goods, auto accessories, coin banks, game dice and desktop accessories based on “Dragon Ball Z.”
- Trends International: The leading supplier of licensed posters, calendars, stickers and social will produce a new collection of themed posters in a variety of sizes based on “Dragon Ball Super.”
Check out Funimation’s collection of Funko Pop figures.