By Liam Dempsey
They say Mondays are the worst day of the week, but things are looking up if you’re a fan of Horimiya!
The latest debrief for the upcoming rom-com anime gave us a colorful new visual and an exciting plethora of additional cast announcements.
Joining the cast as friends, fellow students, and family members:
- Daiki Yamashita (My Hero Academia) as Shuu Iura
- Jun Fukuyama (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion) as Akane Yanagi
- Taku Yashiro (Domestic Girlfriend) as Kouichi Shindou
- Shoya Chiba (Classroom of the Elite) as Makio Tanihara
- Momo Asakura (Charlotte) as Honoka Sawada
- Daisuke Ono (Barakamon) as Kyousuke Hori
- Ai Kayano (Guilty Crown) as Yuriko Hori
- Yuka Terasaki (Chihayafuru) as Souta Hori
- Hisako Kanemoto (Riddle Story of Devil) as Motoko Iura
It was announced last Wednesday that the anime would be premiering in Japan on January 9.
RELATED: Second Horimiya Anime PV Introduces Us to the Best Friends
But the Horimiya adaptation news doesn’t end there—a live-action TV drama and film were also unveiled on the same day!
The seven-episode series will star Sayu Kubota as Hori and Ouji Suzuka as Miyamura. A compilation film of the first three episodes with exclusive scenes will premiere first on February 5, followed by the TV drama on February 16.
Synopsis (via Yen Press): At school, Kyouko Hori is known for being smart, attractive, and popular. On the other hand, her classmate, the boring, gloomy Izumi Miyamura, tends to get painted as a “loser fanboy.” But when a liberally pierced and tattooed (not to mention downright gorgeous) Miyamura appears unexpectedly on the doorstep of secretly plain-Jane homebody Hori, these two similarly dissimilar teenagers discover that there are multiple sides to every story…and person!
Masashi Ishihama (PERSONA5 the Animation) is directing the anime adaptation at studio CloverWorks (The Promised Neverland), alongside Takao Yoshioka (Your lie in April) on the script and Haruko Iizuka (Ensemble Stars!) on character design.