After more than 20 years of producing boys’ love anime, Studio Deen is adding a brand-new series to its repertoire in 2022—an adaptation of Sho Harusono’s Sasaki and Miyano!
Alongside the studio and release window, it was announced that the main cast from the drama CD would be reprising their roles for the anime:
- Yusuke Shirai (Combatants Will Be Dispatched!) as Shumei Sasaki
- Souma Saito (Moriarty the Patriot) as Yoshikazu Miyano
- Yoshitsugu Matsuoka (Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba) as Taiga Hirano
- Yuki Ono (DAKAICHI! -I’m being harassed by the sexiest man of the year-) as Jiro Ogasawara
- Yuma Uchida (given) as Masato Hanzawa
- Ryohei Arai (WorldEnd: What are you doing at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?) as Tasuku Kurezawa
- Mitsuhiro Ichiki (A3! Season Spring & Summer) as Gonzaburo Tashiro
Studio Deen’s experience is backed by Shinji Ishihira (Super Lovers) in the director’s chair, with Takehiro Ueno (Kochoki episode director) as assistant director. Yoshiko Nakamura (Super Lovers) is in charge of series composition and Maki Fujii (I’ve Always Liked You) is on character design.
A teaser visual was also released, depicting the titular pair.
Sho Harusono’s Sasaki and Miyano was first published on pixiv in February 2016 and now spans seven volumes. Yen Press licenses the series in English. The anime adaptation was announced in November 2020.
Are you excited for a new comfy BL anime? Share this post and let us know! And stay tuned to Funimation for the latest news on all things anime, this season and beyond.
Source: Comic Natalie