The special edition AKIRA leather jacket is coming to The Funimation Shop, so you know we had to celebrate in style.
And if you want a chance to suit up in one of these to save Neo Tokyo, and you’re based in New York City, then you’ll want to listen up: We’re hosting an anime scavenger hunt!
It all kicks off at the Kung Fu Tea flagship store location by Madison Square Park at 115 East 23rd St., New York, NY 10010. Check out the event here.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You will have three hours to complete as many of the clues as possible.
- Each clue has an action and point value. The more clues with higher points you complete, the better chance you have of winning!
- There will only be one grand prize winner. The event coordinators have discretion in selection of the final winner.
- You are allowed to use your phone to help you solve clues.
- No entries after the final time of 1 p.m. EDT.
- You must post a photo or video of the action required of each clue with the following two hashtags to either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter: #AkiraJacket #Funimation
- The first person back with the most point wins.
Prizes include a limited edition AKIRA Kaneda leather jacket, a gift card to The Funimation Shop, a copy of the AKIRA DVD and vinyl record, and a limited edition Funimation x TokyoTreat Box.
Not able to participate? The limited edition AKIRA leather jacket comes exclusively to The Funimation Shop on July 12.
Ready to win the incredible AKIRA leather jacket? Share this post and let us know! And stay tuned to Funimation for the latest news on all things anime, this season and beyond.