First up is the anime adaptation of the hit manga SPY x FAMILY, which was officially announced to be coming to Crunchyroll in 2022. The series follows and undercover spy who’s tasked with infiltrating an elite academy, but he’ll need to have a family first! SPY x FAMILY is produced by WIT Studio and Cloverworks, and will be directed by Kazuhijo Furuhashi (Hunter x Hunter).
Next up, an exclusive clip from Blade Runner: Black Lotus was shown! This series follows Elle as she attempts to piece her memories back together, set in the same universe as the popular film series.
Crunchyroll then announced more anime acquisitions, including:
- Aoashi, adapted from the soccer manga, which will stream on the service in April 2022
- A Couple of Cuckoos, a romantic comedy featuring two high schoolers who were mixed up at birth and find themselves in a fake romance
- Dance Dance Danseur, which follows a group of ballet dancers through their adolescent years. This anime, adapted from a manga series by fan-favorite artist Asakura George, is being produced by MAPPA and directed by Sakai Munehisa (One Piece, ZOMBIE LAND SAGA).
- The Dawn of the Witch, set for release in April 2022
- Rom-com Shikimori’s Not Just a Cutie, which follows Shikimori, who turns into a heartthrob when her boyfriend finds himself in trouble, coming in April 2022.
- The second season of In/Spectre, slated for release in April 2022.
And finally, Crunchyroll confirmed that the Tomodachi Game anime adaptation would be headed to the service in April 2022, bringing the ultimate psychological game to life!
Which announcement were you most hyped for? Share this post and let us know! And stay tuned to Funimation for the latest news on all things anime, this season and beyond.